Reminder: How to Receive the Refund from Your Pay-for-Proposal Dimensional Clearance Requests
To improve the efficiency of the dimensional clearance request process, last year BNSF implemented a Pay-for-Proposal model. This model includes a $1,000 fee for every over-dimensional load request submitted. The fee is completely refundable on all proposals that become actual loads on BNSF.
As a reminder, there are two key steps you must take to obtain your refund for proposals that become loads:
1. Before shipping the dimensional load, you must include your proposal number on the waybill.
To further improve the speed and efficiency of the refund request process, BNSF has made enhancements to the Shipping Instructions tool to reduce entry errors when submitting a proposal number on the waybill. You will now be prompted if any of the following errors occur:
· The proposal number is not inputted in the correct number format. The correct format for submitting a proposal number is (123456-1234-12).
· The Special Handling of Extreme Dimension-High Wide is not selected in the waybill.
· The proposal number is not a valid proposal number that was issued to you.
The error messages will advise you of the correct number format and inform you of the missing or invalid information that is preventing the billing from being submitted.
2. Within 90 days of submitting your waybill, you must submit a refund request using BNSF’s eCash system.
Inside BNSF’s eCash application on bnsf.com, you will create a High Wide contract invoice and enter railcar or waybill numbers. BNSF will validate this information to the proposal and actual move. If a successful match occurs, a refund will be processed within 15 days of the request.
More details on the Pay-for-Proposal process can be found on our website.
Questions regarding the Pay-for-Proposal process should be directed to your BNSF Marketing Representative. Waybill submission and e-Cash questions should be directed to the e-Business Help Desk at 888-428-2673, option 4, 1.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.