Lumber/Panel LOGs Rollover and Auction: Rollover by January 11, 2017 and Auctions Begin January 16, 2017
BNSF is offering current Loading Origin Guarantees Program (LOGs) permit holders the option to rollover their current weekly commitment at $0 premium. The official rollover instrument will be sent this week to the email address BNSF has on file for existing LOGs permits. Permit holders must execute the rollover via email by January 11, 2017. (The rollover option is only applicable to the 52-week shipping period from February 13, 2017 to February 11, 2018.)
Based on equipment availability and the results of the rollover option, BNSF will offer the remaining LOGs capacity beginning January 16, 2017. All eligible customers (per the LOGs rules) will continue to have the opportunity to bid in the LOGs auction.
The auctions will begin Monday, January 16, 2017, with auctions to be held each Monday (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST) through and including Monday, February 6, 2017, or until all available equipment has been allocated, whichever is sooner.
Guaranteed equipment and placement of centerbeam flats, bulkhead flats and a limited number of boxcars will be offered for 52-, 26-, 13- and 4-week permits through the LOGs Program.
The following list highlights the key features of the 2017 BNSF LOGs Program:
For information about the various LOGs applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
- LOGs customers will continue to be subject to the same pricing as non-LOGs shipments, with the exception of any eligible freight deductions/allowances.
- The freight deductions (if applicable) for 52-week permits will be as follows:
- 52-week centerbeam and bulkhead flatcars: $50 per car
- 52-week for all boxcar types: $0 per car
- More specific language is in the LOGs Rules Book (effective February 13, 2017) concerning how shortfall penalties are determined as well as what is considered an eligible LOGs shipment, including:
- A new annual flex of -5% will be established for all 52-week permit holders.
- The weekly ordering flex percent will increase from +10% to +20%, with a one car minimum.
- Eligible shipments must be rated with a BNSF published price authority.
- LOGs penalty amounts remain the same: BNSF failure $200 per car, customer shortfall penalty is $200 per car ($100 per car for 52-week permits).
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.