Customer Notifications Home
Customer Notifications inform BNSF customers of the latest news covering BNSF services, tools, prices and facilities.
New Bundled Pricing Tool for Industrial Products Commodities Effective October 1, 2006
Effective October 1, 2006, BNSF customers will be able to create bundled prices--shipments that involve transload, drayage and storage services--through BNSF's Web site at www.bnsf.com.
Some of the functions of the new pricing tool are noted below:
· Customers will be able to access prices for local BNSF moves only. Interline capabilities will be a future enhancement.
· Customers will be able to renew bundled price scenarios up to 30 days prior to expirations.
· Customers will be required to provide the unique price authority for each bundled shipment along with their electronic shipping instructions.
· Payments for transloads will be automatic and will match the price parameters provided on the waybill by customers. For example, if the price includes drayage services for four trucks from eleven to thirty miles, the specific transload operator will be paid for only those services.
· In the event that the basic shipment parameters do not match the bundled price, customers will be allowed to make updates to the shipping instructions for a specified amount of time to correct the instructions. Otherwise, BNSF will simply bill the customer for the rail portion of the move only and payment to the transloader will be the customer's responsibility.
The tool will be available for all commodities that traditionally have had bundled shipments by October 1, 2006. Customers will be able to shift their existing bundled pricing authorities or create new bundled price authorities if this type of price authority doesn’t already exist on October 1, 2006. Existing bundled price authorities for the following commodities will be required to shift to the new tool as their expiration dates or price calendar dates occur:
· Roofing Materials
· Lumber and Panel Products
· Steel Products
· Non Ferrous Metals
· Consumer Products