Lumber/Panel LOGs Rollover and Auction Beginning January 15, 2018
BNSF is offering current Loading Origin Guarantees Program (LOGs) 52-week permit holders the option to rollover their current weekly commitment at $0 premium and will auction the balance of cars beginning Monday, January 15, 2018. The official rollover instrument will be sent by Wednesday, December 13 to the email address BNSF has on file for existing LOGs permits. The rollover option is only applicable to the 52-week shipping period from February 12, 2018 to February 10, 2019.
Based on equipment availability and the results of the rollover option, BNSF will offer the remaining LOGs capacity beginning Monday, January 15, 2018. Guaranteed equipment and placement of centerbeam flats, bulkhead flats and a limited number of boxcars will be offered for 52-, 26-, 13- and 4-week permits through the LOGs Program. All eligible customers (per the LOGs rules) will continue to have the opportunity to bid in the LOGs auction.
The following list highlights the key features of the 2018 BNSF LOGs Program:
The auctions will begin Monday, January 15, 2018, with auctions to be held each Monday (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST) through and including Monday, January 29, 2018, or until all available equipment has been allocated, whichever is sooner.
- LOGs customers will continue to be subject to the same pricing as non-LOGs shipments, with the exception of any eligible freight deductions/allowances.
- Current 52-week LOGs permit holders will be emailed an official rollover instrument to be executed via email by January 10, 2018.
- The freight deductions (if applicable) for 52-week permits will remain unchanged as follows:
- 52-week centerbeam and bulkhead flatcars: $50 per car
- 52-week for all boxcar types: $0 per car
- The annual flex of -5% will again be available this period for all 52-week permit holders.
- The weekly ordering flex percent will remain at +20% with a one-car minimum. Per the LOGs rules: BNSF reserves the right to discontinue the weekly flex during times of tight equipment supply.
- LOGs penalty amounts remain the same: BNSF failure $200 per car, LOGs permit owner shortfall penalty is $200 per car ($100 per car for 52-week permits).
For information about the various LOGs applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.