Service Update for Friday, May 16
New Service Web Page Now Live on bnsf.com
Now it’s easy to stay up-to-date on BNSF service advisories with the new Service Web page, launching this week on
bnsf.com. You can access the Service Web page from our home page, or go directly to bnsf.com/service.
You’ll find customer service advisories, service presentations and a complete overview of our expansion and maintenance efforts related to our $5 billion capital investment plan for 2014. There’s even a convenient form to help you get answers to all of your service questions. Simply fill it out, hit Submit, and someone will respond to your inquiry.
Positive Momentum Across the Network
The past week we have seen positive gains across the network and continue to remain focused on improving service and velocity. In the Northern region, terminal dwell is down 14 percent and train speed has increased two percent when compared to our baseline week ending Feb. 7. In the Central region, terminal dwell time has fallen 15 percent against our baseline as terminal operations in Chicago return to normal, and trains that were temporarily diverted to St. Louis and Memphis at the height of winter are running through Chicago again. To the South, terminal dwell time has decreased 18 percent and trains are moving four percent faster when compared to our baseline week ending Feb. 7.
As a result of these velocity increases and terminal dwell improvements, our business sectors are also seeing improvement given these key indicators:
• We continue to make good progress in our delivery of fertilizer, shipping 94 percent of the targeted volume and expect to reach our commitment of shipping 52 trainloads within the next few days.
• Weekly loadings (seven-day average) improved four percent this week and are 13 percent better than our baseline week ending Feb. 7.
• Coal velocity improved eight percent from the previous week*.
• After weeks of improvement, on-time performance remained consistent this week and is up 11 percent when compared to our baseline week ending Feb. 7.
Intermodal and Automotive:
• On-time performance improved five percentage points this week compared to the prior week and is 16 points better than our baseline week ending Feb. 7.
As always, we appreciate the opportunity to serve as your transportation service provider. We welcome your feedback and questions and look forward to serving you in the best manner possible.
*April 29 – May 5