Update Report: Flooding in North Dakota and South Dakota
BNSF continues to experience some flooding throughout the North Dakota and South Dakota regions. There are a few carload industries that we may not be able service due to high waters; reroutes will be established as necessary.
The BNSF Intermodal Network remains in service at all points with only minor delays (4-6 hours) on our KO Subdivision at New Rockford, North Dakota account maintenance activities related to ice damming and high water. The KO Subdivision runs between Dilworth, Minnesota to Surrey, North Dakota.
Detailed information on the flooded areas impacting the Carload Network:
- Watertown Sub from Grover, South Dakota to Vienna, South Dakota is back in service on April 13, 2011.
- Aberdeen Sub from Gayville, South Dakota to Yankton, South Dakota is out of service.
- Devils Lake sub between Granville, North Dakota and Norwich, North Dakota is out of service.
- Niobe Sub from Niobe, North Dakota to Boundary Line, North Dakota is back in service as of April 13, 2011.
- Mayville Sub is out of service at the Goose River Bridge in Mayville, North Dakota.
- Hillsboro Sub at Harwood, North Dakota is back in service as of April 13, 2011.
- Crosby Sub at Berthold, North Dakota is back in service as of April 14, 2011.
- Grand Forks Sub from Grand Forks, North Dakota to East Grand Forks, North Dakota is out of service.
- Grenora Sub from Stanley, North Dakota to Lostwood, North Dakota is out of service.
- Westhope Sub from Rugby, North Dakota to Bottineau, North Dakota is out of service.
- Rolla Sub from Cando, North Dakota to Bisbee, North Dakota is out of service.
BNSF will continue to assess the situation daily and advise on those situations to help minimize impact to our customers.
We will continue to provide updates as conditions change. Please see bnsf.com/customers/weather-interruptions for maps and additional information. If you have any questions, please contact BNSF Customer Support at 1-888-428-2673 option 4, option 3.