Changes to Carload Equipment Team Communication Process
Effective July 29 the Carload Equipment team will implement a new system to streamline and improve communications with our customers.
Some of the changes you can expect to see are:
- Upon contacting a BNSF Customer Support equipment group with an issue, you will be assigned a case number. The case number will allow all BNSF representatives to be up-to-date on your particular case in subsequent communications with BNSF.
- Our phone number has changed to 888-428-2673 to streamline customer access to various support teams and increase security. Upon calling you can state your case number, equipment number, or waybill number to be routed to the appropriate individual.
- All inquiries should now be sent to one of our new Carload Equipment team email addresses. Your equipment manager will still receive your message, but if they are out of the office, your communication will automatically be handled by the equipment manager backing them up. No more out of office emails that require you to forward your message. The new Carload Equipment team e-mails are:
- Email correspondence from the equipment team will be sent from a group email address, rather than from an individual. You will be updated once your issue is resolved.
- Emails to BNSF Customer Support will trigger an automated response advising you that your inquiry has been received. The automated response will also assign you a case number. Follow up questions should be sent as a reply to the automated email so that they will remain associated with your case.
- You no longer need to email or call multiple groups when your issue includes multiple car types or teams. If you need help with several car types, simply pick one of the corresponding emails related to your issue and we will include all the necessary parties to resolve your issue.
Note: To contact BNSF, you must have a BNSF Customer Username and Pin Number. If you do not have a BNSF PIN or need to use voice authentication, please go to BNSF.com to register. If you have forgotten your PIN, click on the Forgot PIN Number link in the Customer Login box to have your PIN sent to the email address on record.