BNSF Resuming Rail-Controlled Trailer Transitions Effective December 18, 2006
In a BNSF Marketing News advisory dated April 18, 2005, BNSF announced a plan to transition rail-controlled trailers back to the equipment leasing companies in an effort to focus on our core business—providing line-haul services. This Plan was suspended after the conversion of the REAZ and RXXZ marks in July, 2005. BNSF will resume the conversion process starting December 18, 2006, when TIPZ marked trailers will be considered PRIVATE and will be able to move on BNSF only with proper revenue billing. The remaining rail controlled trailers will be transitioned in the first quarter of 2007.
The following list of more detailed instructions has been assembled to aid in the transition process for TIPZ marked trailers:
· A trailer loaded on BNSF prior to the equipment transition date and returned to the facility for the first time after the transition date as an empty will be accepted by BNSF without revenue billing. Please return the trailer empty to the BNSF facility where it was out-gated.
· If a trailer is inadvertently loaded after the transition date, please notify your Sales Representative before bringing the loaded trailer back to BNSF to ensure proper billing and tracking of this trailer. The trailer will be accepted by BNSF and moved to destination, and then may be returned empty to the BNSF facility within 30 days of the equipment transition date. BNSF will accept the empty trailer without revenue billing during this time period.
· Equipment in the shipper’s possession that is not returned within 30 days of the transition date will be accepted without revenue billing. Normal detention charges will continue to accrue. In addition, the shipper will be charged a $500 termination fee. This provision will apply only until all rail-controlled equipment taken out prior to the transition date has been returned to BNSF.
· Trailers returned to a BNSF hub by anyone other than the last shipper submitting revenue billing prior to the transition date will be considered private and require revenue billing. After the transition date, please do not street interchange these trailers.
· Any trailer received from another railroad must be returned to that railroad. If a trailer is received by BNSF in an interline move after the transition date, it will be considered a private trailer and revenue billing will be required if the trailer is returned empty to BNSF.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact Bobby Burnett at 817-867-6447 or send an email to email@example.com You may also contact your BNSF Sales Representative 888-428-2673.
Your business is important to us. Thank you again for choosing BNSF as your transportation provider.