Customer Notifications Home
Customer Notifications inform BNSF customers of the latest news covering BNSF services, tools, prices and facilities.
REMINDER: Changes to BNSF Intermodal Storage Policy Effective November 5, 2007
As mentioned in Marketing News on October 3, 2007, BNSF is changing its intermodal storage policy, which will apply to all intermodal service levels and equipment types, effective today, November 5, 2007. Highlights of the simplified policy are summarized below:
The new policy is effective for shipment notification that occurs on or after November 5, 2007.
BNSF will continue to evaluate facility and operational efficiencies, and make changes to policies and procedures as needed to improve fluidity.
For More Information
For a comprehensive overview of the policy changes, please refer to the updated information on the Storage Web page at http://www.bnsf.com/markets/intermodal/storage.html and the BNSF Intermodal Rules and Policies Guide page at http://www.bnsf.com/markets/intermodal/intermodal_rules_and_policies_guide.html.
If additional off-site storage is needed, please refer to the Off-Site Web page at http://www.bnsf.com/markets/intermodal/postparking.html.
Questions regarding changes to the storage policy can be directed to your Intermodal Sales Representative at 888-428-2673, option 4, 2.
Improving the Global Supply Chain
BNSF continues to evaluate its operations to identify efficiencies that benefit the customer, but believes even greater supply chain efficiencies can be achieved when all members of the transportation industry collaborate.
· Service – BNSF is committed to improving service consistency through operational initiatives, capital investment and process improvements.
· Continuous Improvement – BNSF is focused on continuously improving its operations and policies as needed, based on changes in freight volumes.
· Customer Visibility – BNSF provides secured reports at www.bnsf.com to help customers manage their freight flows and storage charges. For assistance with bnsf.com registration, contact the BNSF E-business Help Desk at 888-428-2673, option 4, 1.
What our transportation partners can do
· Destination Dwell – Timely shipment pick up will improve asset utilization and reduce facility congestion.
· Freight Receiver Hours – Migration to 24/7 operations would help eliminate bottlenecks by allowing the transportation industry to be more efficient and keep freight moving.
BNSF Facility Storage Groups Effective November 5, 2007