BNSF to Launch New Joint Intermodal Service with Kansas City Southern - Beginning December 1, 2016
BNSF Railway, in joint service with Kansas City Southern (KCS), will offer new 53-foot container (domestic) Intermodal service connecting Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth with some of the fastest growing consumer and industrial markets in Mexico beginning Thursday, December 1. The new service offerings will provide joint northbound and southbound Intermodal service to/from either Monterrey, San Luis Potosí or Toluca, Mexico to/from Dallas/Fort Worth or Chicago, with additional southbound service to Laredo, Texas.
This new BNSF/KCS domestic service will provide customers with another reliable transportation option to move cross-border shipments five days a week. Trains moving in both directions carrying 53-foot intermodal containers will interchange at Robstown, Texas.
Key service benefits to customers include:
In addition, customers will have the ability to connect to other regions along BNSF's 32,500-mile network from Dallas/Fort Worth or Chicago, including the West Coast to and from Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Stockton, Calif., as well as Seattle and Portland, Ore., in the Pacific Northwest. The new service will also support connections with other railroads to reach northeastern and Canadian markets.
- All Steelwheel - no draying: continuous rail service throughout the journey avoiding the need to transfer shipment(s) between intermodal facilities.
- Bypass congested border crossings: shipments will not stop at the border for customs clearance. Instead, they travel in-bond, clearing customs at interior Mexico origins and destinations.
- Security measures, including surveillance equipment and trained specialists along the transit line to support shipment safety and security. Freight is monitored throughout the route using strategic rail inspection portals.
- Access to a dedicated bilingual customer support team
- Online tools to track & schedule your shipments 24/7
- Non-reservation system for maximum flexibility
For specific schedule details, click here. Customers interested in connecting to other regions in the U.S. and Canada can access BNSF's interactive map to determine preferred origination and destination locations.
This new joint intermodal offering is made possible as a result of BNSF's continued focus on expanding service options for its customers.
To learn more, please contact your BNSF marketing representative.