Intermodal Rules and Policies Guide Changes Effective April 15
Effective Thursday, April 15, 2010, BNSF will make the following changes to the BNSF Intermodal Rules and Policies Guide.
1. To ensure safe loading, the following changes to Restricted commodities will be reflected in Appendix B:
· “Motor Vehicles” will be replaced with “Transportation Vehicles, Machinery and Equipment.” This includes, but is not limited to, aircraft, agriculture, construction, mining, recreation, transportation and watercraft vehicles, machinery and equipment.
· “Vehicle Components” will be expanded to “Transportation Vehicle, Machinery, or Equipment Components,” including motors or parts
· Unless otherwise stated, all commodity provisions apply to both new and used condition
2. To reduce loading delays, when tendering twenty-foot (20’) containers, regardless of type, they should be tendered in pairs. Containers not tendered in pairs may be held for a matching 20’ container in order to fill a railcar. This will be stated in Item 12: Equipment Specifications.
3. To reduce regulatory, environmental and safety concerns, protruding valves, cam locks or similar devices on tank containers cannot be accepted. This will be included in Item 19: Portable Tank Containers.
4. To ensure safe transportation, the beneficial owner, actual shipper and receiver information will need to be provided for an embargoed shipment. This will be added to Item 42: Prohibited and Embargoed Shipments.
If you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact your BNSF Sales Representative. Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF Railway as your transportation service provider.