DET Program Changes Coming for January
To enhance your shipping options, BNSF will be making changes to our Domestic Efficiency Train (DET) Certificates of Transportation (COTs) programs effective January 1, 2019.
DETs: Effective January 1, 2019, all export elevators, except those located in the Pacific Northwest (PNW), will be eligible for single destination DETs. DET rules are published in BNSF 4022, Item 13504.
Direct DETs: Effective January 1, 2019, Direct DETs may be loaded from any BNSF-qualified shuttle origin as published in BNSF 4022, Items 13500 or 13101. Loading locations will no longer be restricted to Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma or Texas shuttle stations. Direct DET rules are published in BNSF 4022, Item 13505.
Year Long DETs: BNSF will be offering a Year-Long Domestic Efficiency Train (YL DET) COT. This new COT Type is specifically available for 110-car trains of barley, canola, corn, oats or wheat loaded within 24-hours, with the option to split the train to multiple domestic destinations. The Rules Tariff for this new offering will be published in BNSF 4022 Item 13506.
Summary of the Year Long DET product offering:
- Purchased for one (1) shipping period per month for twelve (12) consecutive months
- Billed to a single domestic destination or to destination groups as published in the applicable BNSF 4022 rate item, which must reference BNSF 4022 Item 13504
- Total prepayment of $249,600 ($200 per car x 104 cars x 12 months) is required
- No cancellation fee will apply, unless a car order has been placed but will result in forfeiture of the prepayment
- If cancelled, all remaining trips will be cancelled and cannot be reversed
- Not eligible for Origin Efficiency Payment (OEP), Destination Efficiency Payment (DEP) or Reload incentives
Look for auction announcements in the coming days.
We look forward to providing this new offering to enhance your shipping options with BNSF. For questions or concern, please contact COTs@BNSF.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you again for choosing BNSF Railway as your transportation provider.