Customer Notifications Home
Customer Notifications inform BNSF customers of the latest news covering BNSF services, tools, prices and facilities.
BNSF Carload Customer Transit Report Tool Now Available at BNSF.com
BNSF is pleased to announce a tool that gives carload customers quick access to transit information on past shipments. Through the Customer Transit Report tool on bnsf.com, you are now able to determine how long it takes, on average, for your shipments to reach their destination.
· Total cars transported during that period and the transit time variability
· Drill-down capability to actual cars transported
· Event detail by car from the opening event (release) until the closing event (actual placement)
· Representation of BNSF and customer time for the actual events that occurred
· Graphical display of the number of cars moved and the average transit time
· Ability to export the reports to Excel
· Online help to guide you through the tool
Let’s say you want to view the average transit time of cars that departed Los Angeles and arrived in Chicago in the second quarter of 2007. The report will display the total number of cars that terminated at Chicago, as well as the average transit time. You can drill down and view the car count and average transit time by month and date within the second quarter. As you drill down to the event detail, you can see where a car may be delayed or the reason for the delay. For example, you may notice that the car was released 36 hours prior to cutoff, which extends the transit time of the supply chain.
To access the tool, log in to bnsf.com, then look for the Customer Transit Report link under the “Manage” section on the Applications tab. If you do not have a bnsf.com login, you can register by clicking on the “Register/Login Customer” link on the BNSF home page.
For more information, click here to view the CTR Customer Reference Guide. If you have any questions regarding the Customer Transit Report tool, please contact eBusiness at 888-428-2673, option 4, 1.