Customer Notifications Home
Customer Notifications inform BNSF customers of the latest news covering BNSF services, tools, prices and facilities.
St. Paul Intermodal Facility Containers to be Drayed to Lot 20
The St. Paul Intermodal Facility is currently experiencing high demand for storage space available to international containers. As a result of this situation, effective immediately, overflow international containers at the facility will be drayed to Lot 20. Lot 20 is located at:
· Saturday and Sunday – 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· Take Minnehaha Avenue east to Arundel Street
· Take Arundel Street north to Lot 20
· Lot 20 will be on the left at the end of the pavement
It is paramount for St. Paul customers to utilize the pre-mount process (outlined in a BNSF Facility Update dated April 26, 2005) for units requiring deramp to chassis; otherwise, units will likely go to ground stack.
· Prior to deramp, select the “Direct to Chassis” option for shipments that will be picked up the same day of deramp.
· After a shipment is deramped, the cutoff for requesting a next-day appointment is 6:00 p.m. local time.
· The shipment will be mounted and made available by 6:00 a.m. on the requested pre-mount date.
· Notification will be sent via email to the pre-mount requestor once the pre-mount request has been completed.
· If BNSF does not meet the pre-mount request, a notification will be sent to the pre-mount request party, and the unit storage free time will be recalculated.
· International containers will incur a $100 per day charge in addition to applicable storage charges if the container is not removed from the facility by midnight on the requested pre-mount date.
Customers can expect these process requirements to exist through the end of this year. Questions regarding this change should be directed to the St. Paul Intermodal Facility at 651-298-7045.