Important Dates to Know Regarding the New COT Online Tool
COT Ownership Change Online Application will be inaccessible ─ Friday, April 28 from 6 pm to 8 pm
As previously communicated, the week of May 1, 2017, the BNSF Certificate of Transportation (COT) auction system for both shuttles and non-shuttles will be available online. As a result of this production move, there will be a brief outage from 6 pm to 8 pm on Friday, April 28. During that time you will not be able to access the COT Ownership Change application.
New COT online tool demos available now
We encourage you to log in to the Ag Car Programs page and watch the recorded demos posted there to become familiar with how easy it is to use. Also, on that site is a COT tool training document you can print and use as a reference guide. Pulse COT reservations will also be made within the new COT auction system but will remain a blind auction (please view the Pulse demo on the Ag Car Programs page).
What to do on Monday, May 1
Auctions on this new online COT tool will begin on Tuesday, May 2. We recommend that on Monday, May 1, you log on to the new COT auction site to ensure you have access to the new tool. Please log on to Ag Car Programs, just like you do today, but on May 1st the link will take you to our new auction site.
- Log on to bnsf.com
- Go to the PLAN tab
- Select Ag Car Programs
What's new with the COT Online Tool:
Once the BNSF online COT system launches the week of May 1, you can do the following ─ all from one Web site:
Bids will be time sensitive, therefore, in the event there are more bids placed than COTs in the auction and there are tie bids, the COTs will be awarded to the bidder who placed the bid first.
- View details of past COT auctions such as number of COTs requested, number of winning bids and winning bid amounts
- Select a minimum and maximum bid for each COT
- See the total number of bids and current winning bid range throughout the auction
- Receive email notification during the auction if a bid has been placed by another participant that exceeds your maximum elected bid
- Increase your maximum bid amount during the auction
- Get a list of all COTs currently owned
- Export a report of your awarded COTs, bid history, auction history and future auction information
We hope you find these new enhancements will bring a better customer experience for you. For questions or concerns, please contact COTs@BNSF.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you again for choosing BNSF Railway as your transportation provider.