Train Origination Request Policy Changes Effective January 6, 2020
As part of our continuous efforts to improve efficiencies, BNSF is implementing changes in the Train Origination Request (TOR) process for sand unit train customers.
Beginning January 6, 2020, the guidelines regarding TOR submission, authorization, as well as requested destination changes, will be standardized to establish greater consistency. Applicable to the outlined changes below, all hours calculated begin from 12:01 am Central Time of the requested shipment pickup date:
- TORs must now be submitted no more than 240 hours (10 days) in advance, otherwise they will be cancelled.
- If a TOR is submitted outside of daytime hours (8 am - 5 pm Central Time, seven days a week), the calculation clock will start at 8 am on the following day.
- All TORs will be authorized at 72 hours (3 days) prior to requested shipment, when the planning for power resources will begin and a train symbol will be created.
- TORs will only be authorized between 8 am - 5 pm Central Time, seven days a week.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative.
- Destination changes can be made up to 48 hours (2 days) prior to shipment.
- If a destination change is made less than 48 hours before shipment, the clock will be reset to 72 hours and the planning process will begin again.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF Railway as your transportation service provider.